The Open Information Model provides a syntax-independent model for XBRL data, allowing reliable transformation of XBRL data into other representations. The work product includes:
- The Open Information Model (OIM): a syntax-independent definition of an XBRL report.
- xBRL-XML: mappings from the original XML-based syntax for XBRL to the OIM.
- xBRL-JSON: a standard JSON representation for XBRL data, defined in terms of the OIM.
- xBRL-CSV: a standard CSV representation for XBRL data, defined in terms of the OIM, and leveraging the W3C's standards for tabular metadata.
- OIM Common: common definitions used by other OIM-based specifications.